Daily Archives: November 17, 2009
Just re-posting a message from Ray, who just got married over the weekend (Congrats!), which is already appearing on various fan sites.
i just wanted to take a moment before the xmas tour starts to say hi to everyone – we are really happy to be touring and bringing david’s show to everyone around the country.
it is going to be a special tour and we are all really happy that we can bring the xmas spirit to you all. we are hoping to be able to accommodate everyone as much as we can, and hope that everyone has a really good time.
as usual, i look forward to seeing as many of you as i can – i apologize in advance if i sometimes seem short or too direct with anyone as we are running the tour.. i hope it is understood (or maybe the ones who have experienced it in the past can help make the newer fans understand) that i don’t mean to be rude or curt with anyone, it’s just that the circumstances of our work and the shows just sometimes make things difficult to do. i’ll be as polite, yet honest with all of you as i can, but when it comes to david and his fans the most important thing to me is safety for everyone.
the schedule that we are on for this entire month will be very difficult, being made even more difficult that it is the winter, with the potential of some harsh weather that hinders us – i ask please, that everyone be extremely careful when coming to the shows: i know many of you travel huge distances, to many shows, etc.. for your sakes and ours please travel safely, be mindful of the cold, etc..
i have a couple of requests that would make it easier for everyone, easier for us to accomplish what we need to do and will make things hopefully smoother, safer and enjoyable for everyone.
– please come to the venue properly dressed for being in the cold and come as close to the door times as possible so you don’t have to wait out in the cold, with children, etc.. we have made accommodating arrangements with several of the venues to move door times back, etc.. where it makes sense to do so and where it will help the audience get there and be able to get inside comfortably before the show starts. these shows are all sold as hard tickets with individual seats, no general admission so there is no benefit to arriving early and waiting in line – we won’t start until you are ALL in, i will make sure of that, so don’t worry.
– people that are arriving for the ILAA VIP parties will be checked in with kristin, as always. our daily schedule at the venue (and the types of venues that we are playing on this tour) is going to be very subjective and we ask for your patience with us as we try to get through all of our setup, in order to make the ILAA VIP party happen at a good time, etc.. you will be hearing from kristin with follow up info as we go along.
– i request that you do not bring your own cameras into the ILAA VIP parties / soundcheck – the uniqueness of the event and everything that happens there is exclusive to those people who are involved, and i think maintaining that, not having it appear on the web, etc.. keeps it that special for those that are there.
– i ask that everyone be very respectful and mindful of the fact that i need to maintain order, safety and civility at the venue. not all places are set up to handle people, especially outside the venue. if i make a request that people please move on, to go home, etc.. please respect our requests – and please let others around you know that; maybe those that aren’t on the fan sites, etc.. tell them about the reasoning behind it; that might make more sense to them and that it comes from people who really care about david.
– please no hanging out anywhere near any buses, trucks, etc… and to be respectful of people’s personal space. and very importantly: please discourage people that you see from doing things that are dangerous to themselves or others. common sense, and common courtesy for all.
if you all can keep these simple things in mind, spread the word where and to whom you can, i hope that it makes for a better experience for you all, as well as the understanding that i am very conscious of david’s health, well-being, etc.. we want to keep him healthy and able to perform to his best for everyone, every night..
have a great time and see you out there on the road.
Don’t you just love how David never sings the same song the same way? Brilliant!
David singing “Silent Night”:
Video by Xoplinkprincess (thanks for posting the video here, Junnie!)
How much do you want to bet the audience erupted into spontaneous applause for David and not the figure skater? 😉
Also by Xoplinkprincess, David singing “The First Noel”:
And here’s “Pat-a-Pan” (what happened? But what great vocal improvisation! Does his performance of this mean it could still be released as a single?):
Update: different and better video from daai08 (thanks, Junnie!)