Daily Archives: May 21, 2009
1. for allowing David to move one step closer to no longer being known as “that kid from American Idol.”
2. for relieving him of that burdensome title of American Idol runner-up. He wore it as gracefully as he possibly could, but only you, dear Adam, could take the title and rework it into something fabulously glam and goth and over-the-top flaming queenish. Work it! *finger snaps.*
3. for showing up in that winged suit – can David borrow it? He already has a visible halo around him (in the words of Beyonce, “I can see your halo, halo, halo…”). That suit would match perfectly, and David would rock in black and leather (methinks).
4. for talking to David backstage after Tuesday night’s finale show. I hope he offered you encouraging words, for who knew you’d be stepping right into his shoes the following night?
5. for being the watercooler conversation today. Now that the public can get caught up in how “shocking” this outcome is, David can move forward, and so can his fans, since our “shocker” from last year has been eclipsed.
6. for being a good sport about all of it. If you ever break out into a cold sweat, reliving the moment, just think of David’s peaceful, calming smile. Watch his post-Idol interviews on YouTube for pointers. You’d be amazed at what you can learn from observing an 18-year-old. Welcome to the runner-up’s circle!